The Central Auditory Physiology Laboratory is looking for volunteers to participate in a study about hearing in noisy environments. The study takes place on the Northwestern University Evanston campus and will take about 2 hours to complete. Participants are paid $20/hour for their time.
Participation in the study involves:
- A routine hearing test (a copy of the results can be provided upon request)
- Hearing tasks such as listening to and repeating sentences played against backgroundnoise
- A 30-minute EEG, where no active response is required from you (you can even take anap). Sticker electrodes are placed behind each ear and on the forehead, and soundsare played in your right ear.
You are eligible to participate if:
- You are between 30-50 years of age
- You have no known hearing loss in either ear
- Your first language is English
If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com or fill out this interest form, and a study team member will get back to you shortly.